Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Why Twitter?

I don't Twitter.

I'll never Twitter.

I guess I just don't understand the value of it. Why on earth would I need to broadcast to a bunch of people what I'm doing right now?

If I want you to know what I'm doing right now, I'll tell you to your face. I promise.

Actually, in general, I don't get the value of the social networking sites. I started a facebook account several months ago that I virtually never log into. All I've ever done is acknowledge friend requests from people I recognize.

It's not that I don't value friendship. I value my small group of friends, I just don't feel the need to have lots of friends online that I've never met in person.

There's also a small part of me that's just a wee bit contrarian. Whenever something is immensely popular, there's part of me that instantly dislikes merely because of its popularity. Some small part of me says, "There's no way that deserves to be this popular.", even if it really does.

Anyway, there's the reasons that you'll never see me on Twitter.

No comments: