Tuesday, July 07, 2009

I don't have any particular reason for posting this right now. There's nothing that has provoked this post, I just feel the need to say this.

I've been a Christian for almost 3 years now. Before that, I was, at various times, an agnostic and an atheist. But since becoming a Christian, I feel like I've been on an amazing journey.

I've often reflected on what the Cross means. I think of not only the pain of it for Him, but also his shame and humiliation. The crowds hurling insults at him, spitting at him, taunting him. The whipping that laid his internal organs open to exposure. The nails being driven through his hands and feet. His crown of thorns digging into his skull. So much pain, so much humiliation, yet he thought not once of himself. He could have avoided this, yet he went to the Cross willingly.

The most amazing thing about it, is that he did this for me.

I did nothing to deserve this. There is no way I could deserve this. Yet he did this anyway.

He loves me that much. And I could never earn this love, his love is freely given.

In response to this...I feel it's only rational to respond to this love in some way. I know that I don't deserve what he has done for me, but still, it inspires me to want to do something about it.

It inspires me to be as much like Him as I can be.

That's what I try to do every day.


No comments: